Monday, July 14, 2008

Kettlebell Athletics - Swing / Burpee Challenge

Every month Kettlebell Athletics will have a new challenge workout. For the month of July the challenge is:

10 kettlebell swings + 1 Burpee
10 kettlebell swings + 2 Burpees
10 kettlebell swings + 3 Burpees
10 kettlebell swings + 4 Burpees
10 kettlebell swings + 5 Burpees
10 kettlebell swings + 6 Burpees
10 kettlebell swings + 7 Burpees
10 kettlebell swings + 8 Burpees
10 kettlebell swings + 9 Burpees
10 kettlebell swings + 10 Burpees

You must make it under 5 minutes to get your name on the board. So far, the closest we have is 5:15 for the women and 5:20 for the men.

Standard weight is 16kg for women, 24kg for men.

Here's a sweet video below of Litania's and Alex's efforts.



I have had the honor to learn from Jason at several different seminars and his instruction is elite. I have trained under several kettlebell tutors and Jason is second to none. His clear teaching methods and attention to detail make his class educational and enlightening. He is a master of technique and theory and is an open resource to all he teaches. Jason has always been willing to answer questions and give advice to me. His counsel has been invaluable to my development as a professional. I am proud to be his student and recommend him with the utmost confidence.

John Wild Buckley RKC - Oakland, CA USA

P.S. If you'd like to learn directly from Team Kettlebell Athletics please check our Seminar Schedule by Clicking Here.

P.S.S. This workout came courtesy of kettlebell instructor, Jason Marshall in Lubbock, TX.

15 comments:

Michael Gregory said...

what is the required height of the swing here? chin heighth? Insight on a challenge is always good!

Thanks

Kettlebell Athletics said...

Chest height. Thanks for asking.

waterboy1 said...

This is a good one, Jason..

I don't think I can get it with a 24 KG yet.. Maybe, just scared to try, LOL..

Keep the "challenges" coming.. They are fun!!

By the way, great DVD (Kettlebell Training for Combat Athletes)..

Gonna get busy with the techniques and combos..

Kettlebell Athletics said...

Thanks Waterboy1. I appreciate it !

dkbfitness.com said...

I did this today with the 16kg...but my husband say's that my push up was not all the way down when near the end. What are the requirements for the burpee? My time was 4:22

Keira
p.s. and that was damn hard!

dkbfitness.com said...

oops. Sorry I don't know why I am under the name bushido. My website is dkbfitness.com.

keira

Unknown said...

As always, another great video!
Thanks!
www.crossfitgulfcoast.com

Kettlebell Athletics said...

Burpees are chest to ground with a jump as well. Good times.

Thanks Frank.

Unknown said...

1st time i have done this gem 8 min 30 secs using a 20k kettlebell . it was a tough work out and i notice the burpees dont help the kettlebells and the kettlebells dont help the burpees lol

Kettlebell Athletics said...

Hagler,

That hilarious. I agree.

beatle said...

7 minutes with a 24k. a little bit disappointed with that, but i did it 20 minutes after i did 350 what in 17:30 with a 24k. maybe next time.

Erik said...

I suck. Could only muster up 8 rounds in 5 minutes...24KB as rx'd

Erik said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
andreea1771 said...

I finished it in 15 min :( and it was hard...

andreea1771 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.