Monday, March 3, 2008

Kettlebell Punch Cleans

During our Kettlebell Training Worskshops for Fitness & Sport we meet some incredible people with great ideas and diverse training backrounds. Our good friend Ray Simpson happens to be one of those incredible people.

Ray has been a combat athlete for many, many years now and is always looking for ways to make his training more effective.

From his training as a boxer and as a skilled kettlebell athlete, Ray created the the Kettlebell Punch Clean. Once Ray showed me this I had to try it myself.

If you like that tight, tense ending to your Kettlebell Cleans, then the Punch Clean will add even more zip to your technique.

Watch along as Ray demos the Kettlebell Punch Clean.




Click Here for more information on Kettlebell Training for Combat Sports.

4 comments:

Jason Struck, CSCS RKC said...

awesome tweak!

this might be a great way to teach people to use/time their hips laterally.

When I trained in china, i was forced to learn how to do a one-handed cartwheel. It was to help me increase my punching power. It worked.

This seems to me like the 'easy way' or the 'smart way' to do the same!

Unknown said...

Deifinitely will be added to my KB arsenal!
Thanks for the ongoing research you guys do!
Frank
www.crossfitgulfcoast.com

GAFF Treinamento Funcional & Kettlebell Brasil said...

Ray, Great Stuff!
Miss you guys at Equinox!

Kettlebell Athletics said...

Wow... Three of the greatest guys I know posting here.